Job TitleTeam Lead 1 & Team Lead 2 Midwest Health – Job # 220836730
Position Summary: This position is critical hands-on direct “floor’ supervisory level position with assigned direct care hours with the primary goal of assuring and maintaining appropriate and consistent implementation of services in compliance with policies and procedures for the assigned home/work site. The incumbent completes assigned work, directs, assigns, and gives feedback about the performance to the Team Lead 2 about the work of the Direct Care Staff to assure that work is performed in compliance with policy, procedures, protocol, and individual program plans. Consistently and effectively communicates with the staff of other departments (Nursing, QMID, Administration, Maintenance, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned. The word assist means the level of assistance required by each specific individual and ranges from occasional verbal reminders to totally assisting the individual with the task.
- Oversees, trains and gives feedback to the Direct Care Staff according to Midwest policies and procedures and certification requirements. Functions as a mentor to staff to answer questions, provide guidance and support to Direct Care Staff.
- Complete medical appointments and ensure documentation is completed.
- Responsible for security of finances that have been signed off.
- Ensure home documentation is in place for all individuals beginning of each month and at all times and any additional forms necessary for smooth home operations.
- Ability to adjust schedule to cover shifts PRN.
- Complete monthly Activity Schedule to ensure Community Integration.
- Ensure staff supervised understand and respect individual rights and immediately reports any problems/concerns.
- Observes and asks staff supervised questions pertaining to job duties to ensure understanding and task completion.
- Schedule completion of assigned emergency evacuation drills (fire, tornado, etc.)
- Identify any home and individual personal needs and complete purchasing as assigned to ensure all needs are met consistently.
- Ensure that home is clean and sanitary that the staff have been trained on infection control and housekeeping and report concerns identified immediately.
- Provide input and information for the preparation of ISP/IPs, complete annual ISP/IP forms correctly and participate in planning meetings if assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of individuals and staff.
- Participates in committees, meetings, in service, and conferences, as assigned.
- Adheres to all policies as printed in Midwest policy and procedure manual.
- Performs varied duties as necessary, assigned, and appropriate to enhance the lives of Midwest individuals in the Midwest homes.
- Follows Medication Administration policies and procedures.
- Monitor medications administration procedures and assure records and order prescribed medications and supplies to ensure availability.
CompanyMidwest Health Services
Job RequirementsProgram and Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides directs oversite to Direct Care Staff in the assigned home. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing, workloads on your shift, giving input on performance, incentives and potential disciplinary actions. Provide immediate feedback to address complaints and/or other concerns Organization and Implementation Skills: Ability to keep work area, correspondence, equipment and supplies neat, orderly and compliance with infection control standards. Ability to carry out job duties in a timely and effective manner with specific or general guidance and supervision. Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Skill and abilities are formally and informally assessed initially and ongoing through testing, observation, and review. As a condition of initial employment and continued employment, required skills and ability levels must be maintained on an ongoing basis. Education, Training and/or Experience: high school diploma, or general education degree (GED); minimum of 6 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, policy, procedure, protocol, and program plans and associated documentation forms. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to individuals, outside agencies, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and find using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.