Job TitleTalent Manager – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 231784201
This position is responsible for driving and executing the Talent Development Strategy for Seaman Corporation. This includes leading and managing associate training and development initiatives as well as the performance management process. This role will also have oversight of the intern, co-op, and apprenticeship programs, and will manage a University Relations strategy, liaison with technical schools and high schools. This position plays a critical role in ensuring the culture is one where people are valued and developed and ultimately rewarded for their performance.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Develops, manages, and executes the talent management strategy including performance management and organizational development
- Continuously evaluates talent processes and products to ensure a competitive edge with world-class organizations
- Partners with business leaders through activities such as succession planning to assess development needs
- Oversees the Learning Management System (LMS) and ensures delivery of appropriate solutions that result in positive, desirable change in knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviors and beliefs
- Identifies/incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans
- Assists with the design of HR training programs for management and associates including development of instructional programs and learning activities
- Oversees an enterprise-wide Onboarding Program for all associates
- Works with associates and their managers to set Individual Development Plans for career development
- Manages the annual Engagement Survey process and partners with business leaders to develop improvement action plans based on the yearly results
- Manages the Performance Management system, including ongoing evaluation and recommended improvements to current PM process.
- Manages the design, development, and execution of various Apprenticeship and Internship Programs
- Partners with appropriate HR team members to develop and maintain a University Relations strategy and a high school and technical school network
- Manages and develops direct reports
This position requires:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline, 8-10 years of related experience in training and development in a manufacturing organization, or a combination of the above.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.