Job TitleStaff Nurse – Apostolic Christian Home – Job # 218570565
Part Time Employee
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse.
CompanyApostolic Christian Home
- Supervises nursing care to the residents and assists with care when necessary.
- Observes and reports unusual symptoms and conditions of residents to the Director of Nursing and/or physician if necessary.
- Administers medications as prescribed by physicians and reports unusual reactions, if any.
- Maintains records reflecting resident’s condition, medications and treatment.
- Receives report from nurse going off duty and gives report to oncoming nurse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends in-services as scheduled and staff meetings whenever possible.
- Attends committee meetings as needed.
- Abides by facility Safety Program to ensure safety to self, other employees, residents and visitors.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information that is learned during the course of employment.
- Assures that each resident:
- Receives treatment, medications and diet as prescribed.
- Receives proper care to prevent decubiti and deformities and is kept clean, comfortable, well-groomed and protected from infection.
- Is protected from accident and injury by the adoption of sound safety measures as indicated.
- Is treated with kindness, consideration and respect for individuality and dignity.
- Is kept in good body alignment and repositioned at least every two hours day and night.
- Eats or is assisted with feeding as necessary.
- Has good oral hygiene, baths, shampoos, shaves and good grooming as necessary to be clean and odor-free.
- Is encouraged, assisted and trained in self-care and group activities.
- Is motivated, active and out of bed for frequent periods of time within reason, except when specific orders are otherwise given the attending physician.