Job TitleShipping/Receiving Coordinator Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job #225783535
Responsible for the safe, smooth, and efficient flow of material and supplies through the plant, shipping and receiving materials from vendors and to customers, and for all paperwork necessary for shipping, receiving, and inventory control. Will assist and take direction from the Distribution Supervisor to ensure all areas of responsibility run efficiently.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Actively participates in daily Shipping meetings by providing details on shipments
- Manages Cycle Count process by warehouse location to ensure inventory accuracy
- Monitors inventory and suggests ways to reduce slow-moving items
- Coordinates year-end inventory process in the warehouses
- Assists with the training of warehouse personnel on current and new processes; troubleshoots issues and assists in resolving system problems at the warehouses
- Assists the Supply Chain/Procurement Manager with warehouse footprint analysis to determine optimum locations for additional warehouse location(s) to support growth initiative
- If applicable, assists in setting up any new warehouse locations and integrating Seaman Corporation processes and procedures
- Processes Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and freight claims
- Receives all FiberTite accessories and raw materials
- Supervises daily activity of hourly Shipping/Receiving personnel in the Wooster Plant
- Acts as immediate back-up to Distribution Supervisor; provides daily direction to warehouses and sets priorities when needed
- Acts as immediate back-up to the Shipping/Receiving Material Handler.
- Promotes Lean Sigma initiative by actively participating and supporting Kaizen events; ensures 5S is completed according to schedule, keeping work area clean and well organized
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position requires:
High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years of Manufacturing or Shipping/Receiving experience or related type of work; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Forklift/Hand Truck certification preferred
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.