Job TitleShift Supervisor – 2nd Shift – Confidential – Wayne County, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226906051
OhioMeansJobs Wayne County is assisting a local employer in their search for a Shift Supervisor.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $40,000 -$55,000 per year
Shift: 2nd Monday – Friday
We have an immediate need for a 2nd Shift Supervisor to support a manufacturing plant. We offer a generous benefits package and competitive wages.
The Shift Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules
- Compute amount of stock and supplies required for operations based on production schedules, and requisition materials from storage area.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Work with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Monitor workers use of SPC system
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Develop capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Operate lift truck, weigh parts on scale and complete necessary paper work, as needed
We are looking for qualified individuals with an ability to work effectively in a team environment and a strong commitment to their own professional growth, reputation and ethics. Successful candidates are self-motivated and reliable; excel in a fast paced environment, and possess the following skills and experience:
- 2 to 4 years related supervisory experience in a Machining environment
- Solid computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to read and understand customer blue prints and/or requirements
- Experience using hand-measurement tools; micrometer, caliper, dial indicator
- Basic Understanding of Fanuc, G&M codes preferred
- Able to work any shift – current opening is for 2nd shift
- High School diploma/GED
- College education and/or supervisory training preferred
The company offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Send Resumes To: WayneCoJobs@JFS.Ohio.gov