Job TitleResearch Associate Intern – Family Office Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 241838294
Our summer associate roles are designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the department you’re placed in, as well as an overview of every department’s contribution to our business as a whole.
The Seaman Family Office Summer Intern role is designed to provide you an introduction to financial modeling and analysis, investments, and research to grow our investment portfolios, including private equity and real estate investments. This position will engage with internal teams and external partners to help understand existing investments and provide research for new investment opportunities.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assess opportunities – provide support to internal team and assist with screening, research and due diligence for potential investment opportunities (liquid investments, CRE properties, and other private investments). This may include documenting tenant interviews on potential CRE investments.
- Underwriting – Evaluate opportunities utilizing fundamental valuation techniques and publicly available data. Summarize research information in underwriting reports for presenting to stakeholders.
- Investment Summaries – support internal team with presentations and make recommendations for proposed investments based on the results of the due diligence process; including income potential, cash yield, risk, and a comparison to similar investments or properties.
- Analyze data – use financial models to evaluate existing and/or new investments, CRE holdings and other private investments.
- Financial Modeling – review financial models and provide support for financial projections, cash flow analyses, and other financial reports to help evaluate existing and/or new investments.
- Monitor/Track investments – review internal and third-party performance reports as related to existing holdings and relevant benchmarks, indexes, and proprietary databases and track performance.
- Market research – Review data identifying potential commercial real estate (CRE) properties, markets, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position requires:
- Enrolled in college with a focus in Accounting, Finance, Business, and/or Economics
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Possesses analytical and problem-solving skills along with interest in investments and commercial real estate preferred
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.