Job TitleQuality Engineer – Confidential – Wayne County, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226586342
OhioMeansJobs Wayne County is assisting a local employer in their search for a Quality Engineer.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $45,000 -$65,000 per year
Shift: 1st Monday – Friday
We have an immediate need for a Quality Engineer to support a manufacturing plant. We offer a generous benefits package and competitive wages.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of manufacturing process, materials, and products by performing the duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Facilitate APQP Process with cross-functional team membership.
- Identify appropriate measurement methods and devices.
- Prepare PPAP packages for customer approval on new products and changes.
- Responsible for working with site’s departments to create and maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s.
- Assist with identification of gaffing needs and improvements. Ability to design custom gages is beneficial.
- Quality & Environmental Management Systems:
- Developing and implementing quality assurance & environmental systems.
- Managing audit and corrective action systems.
- Performing audits, onsite and at suppliers, when needed.
- Facilitating problem solving sessions with input from cross functional team members.
- Assist in the training and development of internal auditors.
- Administrating the document control system.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers as required.
- Communicates with significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Reviewing, analyzing and summarizing quality performance data using Minitab, Excel, and other software programs. Must be able to summarize results and provide recommendations when needed.
- Providing support to the Quality Technician group when needed.
CompanyWayne County Employer
Requirements for Education and Experience:
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred with 4= years relevant experience in manufacturing. Working knowledge of quality management systems is required (IATF-16949, ISO9001, others). Applied experience with six-sigma and lean manufacturing concepts beneficial.
Language Skills: Must be capable of communicating in clear, concise and technical fashion in both verbal and written forms. Must have the ability to interpret and understand part drawings, GD&T and technical data in the form of standards and specifications. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community required.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, statistics, and trigonometry. Applicant should have previous experience working with SPC and capable of performing inferential statistics and regression analysis is beneficial.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on MS Office. Previous experience working with statistical (Minitab & WinSPC) is highly beneficial. This individual will be expected to learn how to interact with various technologies at JAE Tech (inspection equipment such as vision systems, spline analyzer, microscopes and others). Experience working with CAD systems also beneficial.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- IATF16949 Internal Auditor Training
- ASQ CQE, CQA and CQM/OE preferred
- ISO14001 Internal Auditor Training beneficial
- Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred previous automotive quality experience.
- Experience leading team-based projects (continual improvement, problem solving and products/process)
- Must be comfortable working on the production floor and interacting with production employees in a team environment
- Must be able to make decisions effectively and timely manner
- Must be able to travel 5%-15%
The company offers wages and a generous benefits package as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Send Resumes To: WayneCoJobs@JFS.Ohio.gov