Job TitleQuality Control Manager – Ohio Farms Packing – Creston, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 231296390
Salary Range: 55-75k
Atlantic Veal and Lamb is a family owned and operated business founded in 1956 with the same values today as we had at our inception. High quality and consistent service has helped build our brands as the leader in our industry. Our Ohio branch, Ohio Farms Packing, is looking for an experienced Quality Control Manager to ensure that our products meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer. We are looking for an individual who is a leader and has a passion for quality, new opportunities looking forward to growing with us.
The Quality Control Manager position develops, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of safe and premium product; consistent with established standards, USDA specifications and production goals.
CompanyOhio Farms Packing
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience/ education combination
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- 2 years of supervisory/ management experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or related field
- Supervisory/ management experience in the food processing industry
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Coordinated objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/ Analytical
- Time Management
- Performance Management
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus but not required
- Must be able to work Saturdays when needed
- Vacation and Personal days
- Performance evaluations
Ohio Farms Packing Co. welcomes all interested people to apply for job opportunities in our company. We pride ourselves in being a diverse company and we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any legally protected status