Job TitlePURCHASING AGENT Seaman Corporation – Job #220837673
Seaman Corporation, a leading innovator and manufacturer of highly engineered coated fabrics in Wooster, Ohio, has the following opening:
The Purchasing Agent will perform the duties necessary to make purchases of items for sustaining of business activities. Duties other than purchasing will be performed as outlined in the duties and responsibilities section. Time management, critical thinking, effective communications as well as being able to operate with minimal supervision.
Job RequirementsKey responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (expenditures, etc.)
- Work closely with production scheduling when expediting is required, or materials are delayed.
- Utilize and execute continuous improvement through use of Lean knowledge and practices.
- Issue purchase orders to key vendors to maintain continuous supply of materials for the manufacturing location.
- Manage internal kan-ban program and inter-company inventory transfers.
- Verify purchase orders by comparing requested items versus received.
- Prepare purchase orders and distribute to suppliers and to departments originating requests. Respond to inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
- Approve bills for payment by confirming receipts against purchase order for accuracy.
- Monitor stock levels and adjust them based on quarterly demand segmentation.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Locate suppliers when needed to provide specific products.
- Act as frontline negotiator to insure we receive the best Total Cost of Ownership.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental trade laws and regulations affecting purchases, and provide information about these regulations to organization staff members and to suppliers.
- Acquire proper product/material certifications in support of international sales initiatives,
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Check inventory and perform cycle count support for key raw materials and finished goods.