Job TitleProduction Associates Morgan Corp OhioMeansJobs.com Job #3789883
Type of Job: Full Time
How to Apply: Apply online and complete the online assessment – for referral please select “Other” and type in “Ohio Means Jobs”
Morgan Corporation, largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America, is expanding and we are opening our 14th manufacturing plant in North America! We are seeking experienced manufacturing professionals to help launch the operation. Full production will begin in early 2019 and we will begin training our new team members in advance of the plant opening.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry steel materials and cumbersome sheet goods of moderate to heavy weight.
- Material dimensions may be up to or exceed 4’ x 8’ in overall dimension – lifting up to 35 lbs
- Cut wood or metals to specific sizes using a variety of saws, shears and cutters.
- Operate pneumatic tools such as but not limited to drills, impact wrenches and monobolt guns to assist in assembly operations.
- Perform limited electrical wiring tasks.
- Must flex within functional areas
- Use non-power tools such as; caulking guns, screwdrivers, utility knives, wrenches and tape measures.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets or fasteners.
- Able to read and interpret written orders and specifications, blueprints, instructions and labels, which may contain hazardous warnings and cautions.
- Follow instructions and policies relative to quality and quantity work standards.
- Provide guidance and assist with on the job training of team members.
- Adhere to the company safety regulations and assist in the training and awareness of safety guidelines to new team members in the department.
Job RequirementsEXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- Must have experience using hand and power tools.
- Must maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays, if required by production schedule.
- Must be able to work in a group or team setting or individual projects.
- Must have the flexibility to work rotating shifts as necessary.
- Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours per day and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must actively participate and support Poindexter Production System (PPS); 5’s, Lean, TPM, and other Continuous Improvement Activities.