Job TitleProcess Engineer Seaman Corporation OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 210466851
Type of Job: Full Time
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.seamancorp.com/careers
Seaman Corporation, a leading innovator and manufacturer of highly engineered coated fabrics in Wooster, Ohio, has an opening for a Process Engineer. The Process Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a designated department or project to support business plan and strategic initiatives. The role has primarily responsibility for evaluating equipment and manufacturing processes to determine strategies and modifications which provide improved quality, productivity, and efficiency.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Equipment Analysis – Analyze equipment and process conditions to ensure optimum utilization of machines and equipment in the production of quality industrial fabrics.
- Project Management – Develop and coordinate project plans, review vendor proposals, manage project team activities, communicate changes, provide progress updates, and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Actively support LeanSigma and Continuous Process Improvement – Gather information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine work flow, time requirements and costs; develop strategies and programs that improve safety, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for process and quality teams in troubleshooting process, equipment and/or product quality, to achieve objectives.
- Provide support to Quality Control, Product Development, and Customer Service on quality issues, source inspections and NSF audits.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and standards.
- Write specifications and monitor and assist with shop floor drawings and other related technical activities.
- Work with Maintenance department on equipment repairs, modifications, installations, and startup.
- Create, update, and maintain Standard Work Procedures and Process Specifications for production lines.
- Work with PLC systems and software to control and monitor production equipment; work with vendor on software setup.
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding purchase of new equipment or modernization of existing production and processing equipment.
- Develop opportunities to reduce scrap/waste and find outlets that will purchase scrap/waste.
- Provide off-shift coverage on low yield products and R&D trials as needed.
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
Job RequirementsThis position requires a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Prefer mechanical background, Lean Manufacturing, and functional experience with PLC and AutoCAD. Web handling experience is a plus. Qualified candidates should apply online at : www.seamancorp.com/careers. Post Closes: 8/23/19