Job TitlePress Operator – Stahl Truck Bodies – Wooster OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 223502944
Shift: Third – Full -Time and Part-Time available
Compensation: $15 – $19/Hour
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Department: Machining (474000)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Press Operator is responsible for forming metal parts, assembling parts into sub-units or complete units by operating a press brake.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings to determine appropriate die or punch to form parts
- Read and interpret blueprints to ensure proper dimensions and tolerances of finished product
- Select and verify programs needed to operate the press
- Set-up machine including die and punch changes
- Assemble parts into sub-units or complete units
- Verify the correct number of items are produced
- Quality control of items produced
- Operate crane as needed
- Operate tow motor as needed
- Safety and housekeeping
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by the Supervisor
CompanyStahl Truck Bodies
High School diploma, or equivalent, is preferred
Previous experience operating a press brake
This position operates in a plant environment of noise, dust, odors, and fumes. Possible exposure to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable. Excessive heat in the summertime.
Regularly required to stand (8 hours), bend (2 hours), reach (5 hours) and move about the facility
Regularly required to lift, push, or pull up to 70 pounds
Move material as needed using a forklift (4 hours)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Required to wear safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection.