Prep and Grill Cook – Dutch Kitchen – Dalton -Job # 254343430
Job TitlePrep and Grill Cook – Dutch Kitchen – Dalton -Job # 254343430
1st & 2nd Shift
Job Title: Prep and Grill Cook Reports To: Executive Chef FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for preparing, seasoning, and cooking dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or sides in the restaurant by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Turns or stirs foods to ensure even cooking.*
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.*
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.*
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.*
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food to waiters or patrons.*
- Substitutes for or assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.*
- Bakes, cooks, roasts, broils, fries, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.*
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.*
- Carves and trims meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.*
- Inspects and cleans food preparation areas such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices.*
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, fryers, broilers, grills, and roasters.*
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.*
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of inventory software and the Point of Sale (POS) system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Creative food skills.
- Knowledge of techniques for making food in accordance to menu guidelines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team and build strong professional relationships.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.