Job TitlePlant Manager – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 232345152
The Plant Manager directs and manages all aspects of the Wooster, OH Operations, which include coating, fabrication, maintenance, production control, purchasing, quality, and engineering support functions. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel, and associate relations in a non-union environment and will maintain focus on safety, productivity, and Lean Sigma continuous improvement to meet operational objectives.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Be a strong advocate for safety and support the SafetyWay program, leading by example to influence safe work behaviors and ensure safety procedures, training and policies are followed.
- Coordinate daily plant activities within the Wooster plant, reviewing plan with supervisors and department managers to insure the production and schedule objectives are accomplished timely and cost-effective manner. Has the authority to reprioritize when needed to balance between plant locations.
- Manage raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods inventory to meet company stocking requirements and inventory turn goals.
- Work closely with Innovation and Technology and R&D departments on activities in the Wooster plants as they refine, redesign and create new products for the marketplace.
- Work closely with Quality Control, Environmental Health & Safety, and Technical departments to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Confers with Corporate and Senior Management to insure manufacturing objectives and customer requirements are being met.
- Good communication with Sales and Customer Service to review customer issues and complaints. Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Guide and support maintenance and engineering for process and facility improvement projects and managing capital expenditures.
- Monitor overall plant performance for safety, production, quality and customer service standards.
- Monitor operational expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production supervisors and the Wooster management team.
- Analyze workforce requirements and coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and sustainment using LeanSigma methodologies and 5S organizational tools throughout all departments.
This position requires:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering/business field with 10-15 years manufacturing experience and a minimum 5 years in a plant leadership role. Lean Manufacturing experience is highly recommended.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.