Job TitlePart-Time Outreach Library Assistant – Orrville Public Library – Orrville OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 245170763
Employment Type: Part Time, 12-20 hours per week
Description: The Library Assistant provides excellent customer service to patrons of all ages, with emphasis on outreach services which may include visits to local schools, daycares, nursing home facilities, and various community activities.
Department: Outreach Reports to: Director Positions Supervised: None
CompanyOrrville Public Library
- Minimum of two years of college; bachelor’s degree preferred, and appropriate experience.
- Experience and desire to work with children, teens, and adults.
- Strong technology skills.
- Communicate effectively, in written and verbal format, with patrons and co-workers.
- Present a professional, business-like behavior and appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide excellent customer service, exhibit a courteous and respectful attitude.
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers.
- Willingness to learn and use current and future technology.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check for applicants over the age of 18.
- Maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable by the library’s insurance carrier
- Plan, prepare, and present engaging programs.
- Maintain supplies and materials needed for outreach activities.
- Keep outreach van in order, maintain maintenance records and outreach schedule
- Coordinate with Adult & Children’s department managers on collaborative activities.
- Assist in library during working hours when community outreach is not scheduled.
- Answer reference questions and provide reader’s advisory service to patrons.
- Provide patrons with technology and e-media assistance and instruction.
- Assist with collection development through inventory, evaluation, and weeding.
- Maintain a working knowledge of collections and help market the collection.
- Actively promote building-wide programs, services, and resources.
- Participate in department meetings and continuing education opportunities.
- Assist with maintaining department records and statistics.
- Demonstrate commitment to serving library patrons and residents of the community.
- Perform other duties as required.
Apply: A completed application, also available at our website, and resume should be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to 230 North Main Street, Orrville, OH 44667. Applications must be received by Saturday, August 13, 2022. The position will be open until filled.