Job TitlePackaging Operator Speed North America Job # 212694540
Type of Job: Full Time 1st and 3rd Shift
How to Apply: in person 1700 A Old Mansfield Rd., Wooster, OH 44691 or by sending your resume by email to Nicole.Mourfield@speed-northamerica.com
The Packaging Operator is responsible for operating packaging machines, involving continuous coordination of production-related activities, meeting SPEED’s quality standards, production standards, operation standards, safety policies, and effective communications to oncoming/outgoing shifts to meet production objectives, customer expectations and housekeeping.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Operate and assist in day to day team operations ensuring effective communication within his/her team leader and from shift to shift.
- Coach and train temporary operators on proper work instructions and Speed quality standards.
- Meet all SPEED’s quality standards, production standards, safety /housekeeping policies.
- Support company Productivity, Safety, Cost and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Meet the Company’s Attendance Policy.
- Mechanical knowledge of pulleys, gears and general machine function/operation.
- Good physical condition able to lift upwards of 60 lbs.
- Promote and maintain a collaborative attitude and behavior.
- Able to follow instructions and SPEED’s standards.
- Proper start up and shutdown of packaging lines.
- Proper set up of packaging lines to assure quality line. Including but not limited to, proper wheel to diameter line, no line scratching, correct amount in package, correct packages used (color, style), correct feed wheel speed, PLC adjustments, quality standards (see below), use of guards, monitor entire packaging line to assure all equipment is working properly.
- Ensure that line being produced is quality line and that line matches description on order. This includes proper size, shape, color, good surface appearance, correct amount, frequent quality checks on all lines being produced.
- Ensure all materials are correct for line required.