Job TitlePackager – 2nd and 3rd shifts available Axalta – Orrville, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 249325976
Primary Responsibilities – Packager – Currently Hiring for 2nd and 3rd Shift
- 2nd Shift Packager work a Mon. – Fri. 3:00PM – 11:30PM shift schedule.
- 3rd Shift Packager work a Sun. – Thurs. 11:00PM – 7:30AM shift schedule
The selected candidates will be required to perform a variety of duties such as:
- Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or labeling containers to prepare products for storage or shipment by performing the following (but not limited to) duties:
- Always maintain highest level of quality.
- Places filled container(s) into shipping boxes, label boxes, tape boxes shut, and stacks on pallet by hand according to specification.
- Record and submit operational and/or production data.
- Clean machine and workstation using rags, solvent, and scraper after each job.
- Replenish packaging supplies such as boxes, cartons, glue, and/or labels.
Minimum Requirements – In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Required:High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: Capability to learn quickly and work in a self-directed team environment
- Required: Ok to work repetitive tasks with accuracy (8 hour shift)
- Preferred: Previous manufacturing experience
- Preferred: Previous experience operating fork trucks
Qualified candidates MUST supply a Resume with work history that highlights work experience and education accomplishments at the time of application. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of drug screening, background check, and physical exam. Drug Testing is part of the post-offer employment physical.
Overview- We offer:
- 1stShift Packager work a Mon. – Fri. 7:00AM – 3:30PM shift schedule.
- 2ndShift Packager work a Mon. – Fri. 3:00PM – 11:30PM shift schedule.
- 3rd Shift Packager work a Sun. – Thurs. 11:00PM – 7:30AM shift schedule.
- Hourly starting wage rate of $17.00/ hr. with potential to progress within 30 months after initial training and qualification to $22.00/ hr.
- Shift Differential for 2nd and 3rd shift
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus ($750 paid after 30-days of service & $750 paid at 1-year of employment)
- Excellent benefits package – medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity to develop work skills and knowledge in a team-based environment
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by investing in its innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customer’s products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions to over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability goals, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.