Job TitleMental Health Counselor Ashland, OH location CCHO OMJ Job # 207705495
Christian Children’s Home of Ohio
OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 207705495
HOW TO APPLY: online at https://ccho.org
JOB SUMMARY: Provide home-based or outpatient mental health counseling services to individuals, couples and families according to their needs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Make every effort to maintain a ‘team first’ spirit and atmosphere within the workplace environment – fostering and maintaining appropriate working relationships within the Encompass team, and with other Agency departments, as well.
- Complete mental health assessments, providing accurate mental health diagnosis of assigned clients
- Complete treatment plans (ITPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis; and reviewing, at least quarterly, on-going medical necessity of those goals (and/or diagnoses) in conjunction with client’s progress in treatment
- Complete timely and well-written documentation in the CareLogic electronic health record for all clients to provide accurate and thorough mental health assessments, ITPs, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary. Progress notes should be completed and signed daily, or within 24 hours for billing purposes.
- Provide individual and/or family mental health counseling and appropriate and effective evidence-based therapeutic interventions according to client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review and case record reviews.
- Discharge clients according to progress, completing the necessary document in CareLogic and making appropriate referrals for after care.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in supervision to evaluate counseling techniques and interventions.
- Submit accurate timekeeping records by payroll deadlines
- Attend community, wrap-around meetings and family team meetings, facilitating as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact, as applicable, with community team; which could include juvenile court, children’s services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s or Master’s level social worker (BSW, LSW), or Master’s level counselor (LPC, LPCC), with independent licensure preferred. Master’s level education strongly preferred
Job Post Closes: 7/30/2019