MDS Coordinator – Glendora Care Center – Job # 254567054
Job TitleMDS Coordinator – Glendora Care Center – Job # 254567054
Glendora Healthcare in Wooster is looking to hire a talented MDS Coordinator! RNs are encouraged to apply! About Glendora: Glendora is a warm and caring company that seeks to provide quality care to our residents at all times. We pride ourselves on providing a workplace where each employee feels like family as well as:
- Generous compensation structure
- Education/career advancement opportunity
- Tiered Health and Dental Plans
- Generous PTO Package
Employee appreciation days The MDS Nurse is responsible for the overall completion of the MDS/RAI/care plan and is accountable for the delivery of safe and therapeutic resident care from admission through discharge. The primary duties of this position include involvement in the admission, MDS assessment, and care planning of our residents. The MDS Nurse serves as a clinical role resource to our nursing and staffing team. In addition, this role is responsible for case-mix review in determining reimbursement case-mix levels. Candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of MDS, Medicare, and the care-planning process.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Cooperates to ensure an organized system and operation of nursing services.
- Coordinates admission and ongoing MDS assessments of each resident.
- Coordinates resident care plan, interdisciplinary care plan, and acute medical/nursing care plan in the process of planning, implementation, and evaluation of resident care.
- Attends resident care conferences for residents.
- Assists with or institutes remedial measures in adverse developments.
- Participates in committee meetings.
- Participates in orientation and in-service education for nursing staff.
- Responsible for maintaining own professional competence through continuing education.
- Reviews medical records for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates Medicare PPS and Medicaid OBRA Schedule.
- Responsible for timely submission of MDS.
- Coordinates the Restorative Programs
- Participates in a weekend coverage on-call schedule. Performs activities relate to nursing care of residents.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
- Participates in the establishment, implementation, and evaluation of an effective unit performance improvement program.
CompanyGlendora Care Center
Requirement: RN Apply today and find out what Glendora has in store for you! Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Medical specialties: Geriatrics Physical setting: Nursing home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Wooster, OH 44691: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
License/Certification: RN license (Required)