Job TitleMaintenance Technician – Ohio Farms Packing – Creston, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 230845987
Employment Type: Full Time
Hourly: From $18.20 per hour
Shift: looking for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift
Job Description: The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Write requisitions for parts and equipment needed
- Other duties as assigned
CompanyOhio Farms Packing
- Problem Solving/ Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Safety and Sanitation driven
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics knowledgeable
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and animal fluid. The employee will be exposed to heat, cold, wet and uneven surfaces. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee will be required to working in outdoor and indoor conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear sounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and /or move over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, some Saturdays. 40+ Hours per week.
Required Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience in a food/meat production environment; strong mechanical and industrial skills with HAVC, Multi Vac. VC999 and Sealed air experience.
- High school diploma/GED, Technical school or an equivalent number of years of education and Industrial maintenance experience.
- Experience with electrical trouble shooting
- Valid state vehicle license
- Must have experience working in hydraulic and pneumatic systems
Preferred Education and Experience
- State License
- certifications in electrical and refrigeration
- Plumbing experience
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Welding certification
Ohio Farms Packing Co. welcomes all interested people to apply for job opportunities in our company. We pride ourselves in being a diverse company and we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any legally protected status.