Job TitleMaintenance Supervisor – Seaman Corporation – Job # 219014829
Seaman Corporation, a leading innovator and manufacturer of highly engineered coated fabrics in Wooster, Ohio, has the following opening:
The Maintenance Supervisor will serve as an engineering resource in the Maintenance organization and will be responsible for supervising Maintenance Technicians assigned to production support, providing higher-level technical direction, and leading strategic improvement initiatives using data analysis and established methodologies.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Fulfill supervisory duties for Maintenance Technicians to include facilitating teaching and training of functional technical skills and Skill Block guidelines.
- Provide technical support for maintenance activities.
- Focus on Preventive and Predictive Maintenance activities at least 35% of time including projects such as key spare parts inventories and materials on hand.
- Work Closely with Engineering group to support capital activities.
- Collect and analyze repair and downtime data.
- Maintain and lead department key performance indicators
- Identify and lead continuous improvement activities and strategic projects using ingenuity and originality.
- Coordinate major repairs and equipment maintenance activities with Production Supervisors to reduce length of production downtime.
- Identify and lead Lean Sigma initiatives, ensure 5S is completed as scheduled and that the SQDC boards are kept up to date.
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate upkeep of facilities and grounds activities as needed.
Job RequirementsThis position requires: BSME or BSEE degree and minimum 5 years’ experience industrial maintenance supervision in a manufacturing environment; or Certification in Industrial Maintenance or Technical field and minimum 10 years of experience in industrial maintenance and/or supervision in a manufacturing environment. Must be skilled in timely decision-making, possess functional/ technical skills, managing & measuring work, peer relations, problem solving, and TQM/ Re-Engineering. Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.seamancorp.com/careers We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.