Job TitleLine Operator – Advanced Drainage Systems – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 244523198
Job Title: Line Operator – OMJST
Worksite Location: Wooster, OH 44691
Number of Openings: 3
How to Apply:
3113 W Old Lincoln Way, Wooster, OH 44691
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Immediate Hiring for Line Operator manufacturing team members at Advanced Drainage Systems!
Wages up to $19.00 AND $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Work FULL TIME- 8-hour shifts
ADS Wooster, OH Plant is accepting online applications and will be providing on-the-spot offers and next-day starts for qualifying candidates.
Looking to make a difference? So are we!
Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. is the world’s largest producer of HDPE pipe and manages water with more than 50 years of experience as the industry leader. Look a bit closer and you will see the ripple effect.
Join the Wooster, OH team as a Line Operator. We are holding interviews with on-the-spot offers and have multiple shift opportunities available! We encourage anyone who is looking to jump start their career because we will train you.
Why you’ll love working here:
Safety is a top priority at ADS with all our roles and locations. We offer the following benefits for our team members:
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Paid Uniforms and $130 boot allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, FSA
- Profit Sharing Plan (401k)
- Paid Vacation, Company Paid Holidays, Bereavement Pay, Jury Duty, Military Leave
- Tuition and Professional Development Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Retirement, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Rapid Career Growth Opportunities and Certifications: ADS employees have many opportunities for growth and promotion within the organization.
What you’ll do:
- A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the daily activities associated with a production line. This includes housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies, repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime.
- Embrace a culture of safety
- Manage a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet quality specifications that meet customer needs
Utilize standard operating procedures to ensure the production line is running with specifications
- Lead with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
- Maintain a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE and housekeeping compliance.
- Accurately complete shift production and reporting paperwork
- Conduct regular product sampling to ensure consistent quality
- Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
- Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on all production lines
- Maintain and increase ability to operate various production lines through certifications
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
- Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping
CompanyAdvanced Drainage Systems
What you’ll need:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e., forklifts, in a safe manner
- Reading and Writing skills
- Occasionally lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in fluctuating temperatures
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicle
- Ability to stand and be mobile throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to use hands, arms, and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
Monday – Friday, weekend OT
2nd shift: 4:00 pm-12:30 am
3rd shift: 12:00 am- 8:30 am
This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. OMJ Staff Contact: RC3