Job TitleLaborer 1st 2nd and 3rd Shift Openings Orrvilon Inc. – Orrville OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 230544858
Starting wage is minimum of $17/hour
The primary purpose of a Laborer is to assist in the production of Holtec products through the handling and processing of material by hand, crane, fork lift and other material handling equipment to include cleaning, distribution of material and general labor work. In addition, a Laborer may be required to do simple machine set-ups and operations as well as prepare parts for welding and fabrication. Will be required to work across all departments as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive verbal or written instruction from supervisor, work orders and/or other documents regarding daily assignments.
- Move material in and out of machines or work stations by hand, overhead crane, fork lift and other material handling equipment.
- Receive instructions from supervision on requirements of the job and be able to work closely with other laborers
- Use tools of measurements for checking dimensions of parts. Work to tolerances and finish required.
- Use hand and power tools such as grinders or wire brushes (hand, electric or air-powered) to clean parts and assemblies. Use other hand tools to perform required work.
- Grind, polish, clean production parts as required. Will also paint and/or lubricate machines and equipment as
needed. Load/unload trucks as needed.
- Complete required documentation to record daily time and production.
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements including using all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to get along with all other employees and work across departments is a necessity
Physical Demands & Abilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have ability to bend, kneel, crawl, push, pull, reach, climb and carry various materials and equipment.
- All management staff: Shop Managers, Production Supervisors, Office Personnel
- All production staff: Welders, Machinists, Operators, Quality Control and Maintenance.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- High School Degree or equivalent minimally required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in labor type function; previous experience in a metal manufacturing environment preferred.