Job TitleInjection Technician Speed North America Job # 212693928
Type of Job: Full Time 2nd Shift
How to Apply: in person 1700 A Old Mansfield Rd., Wooster, OH 44691 or by sending your resume by email to Nicole.Mourfield@speed-northamerica.com
The Injection Technician is responsible involving continuous coordination of production-related activities, ability to perform routine maintenance activities, process adjustments, workforce planning, production planning, labor relations, effective communication to meet production objectives and customer expectations with the highest standard of quality, efficiency safety and housekeeping.
Job RequirementsSkills / Abilities Needed
- Injection Molding Processing Knowledge–press startup / shut down, fine adjustments of press settings for molds to reach optimum efficiencies, ability to set press parameters for new and existing tools to ensure consistent performance with quality as well as output.
- Material Processing Knowledge of Polypropylene, Polyethylene, and other related materials.
- Trouble Shooting Knowledge – thorough understanding of the process of Injection Molding included mechanical, hydraulic and electrical functions of an injection molding press and the ability to diagnose as well as resolve press issues quickly.
- Mold Knowledge – thorough knowledge of how a mold works its components and the ability to properly maintain and provide preventative maintenance of molds.
- Ability to make routine repairs to a press such as valve replacement, screw removal, oil leaks, minor electrical repairs, etc.
- Friendly, motivated individual with a high sense of urgency, and solid communication skills.
- Ability to write, implement and maintain production procedures/specifications.
- Lead, coordinate and assist in day to day team operations ensuring effective communication within all three shifts.
- Direct, coach and train Injection packers on proper work instructions and quality standards.
- Implement and administer company policies and procedures to the entire Injection Team.
- Develop and implement company Productivity, Safety, Cost and Continuous Improvement Programs.
- Administer and record employee timekeeping and attendance. Ensure accurate record keeping and administration of the Company’s Attendance Policy.
- Develop acceptable process parameters as well as documentation of those standards.
- Set up and adjust process parameters as needed for quality production.
- Proper recording and weight of all material used in production on a weekly basis.
- Weekly production reporting – production costs, production metrics (scrap, downtime, throughput).
- Weekly scheduling and demand planning to ensure that the packaging has the correct number of packages to meet timely customer demand.
- Daily; monitor production to ensure proper quality, and cost control objectives are being met.
- Daily; address press related issues, determine a resolution and implement the resolution.
- Daily; maximize the amount of regrind being used in the process.
- Daily; ensure proper housekeeping within the department.
- Quarterly Inventory of Injection Molding materials, supplies, produced parts.