Job TitleHVAC Technician – The College of Wooster – Wooster OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 251380203
Department: Trades Shift: 1st
Maintain and repair systems and related components, of commercial and residential equipment used for heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration, (HVACR) to provide defined thermal, comfort and indoor air quality levels. As well as provide input during installation and commissioning new systems. Focuses on preventative and corrective repairs to prevent equipment failures.
ESSENTIAL DEPARTMENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots equipment and discusses related problems with others as needed, including contractors and in-house electricians, plumbers, and supervisors.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and replaces electronic, electric, or pneumatic controls systems and/or related components
Performs a variety of preventative maintenance tasks and regularly scheduled inspections on HVACR equipment in Academic and Residential campus buildings. Examples include but are not limited to change/clean air and/or water filters, adjust/replace belts, troubleshoot controls & related components, bearing lubrication, chemically clean coils and condensers when required periodic mechanical room inspection.
CompanyThe College of Wooster
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Certification from college or technical school in HVAC and refrigeration training preferred.
- HVAC certification type “Universal” and State of Ohio HVAC license.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
SKILLS: (Language, communication, reading and reasoning)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with staff members and employees of outside contractors/service companies.
KNOWLEDGE: (Math, Computer/Tech, May list soft skills)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret charts and graphs.
- Must give close attention to detail.
- Must have knowledge of the techniques, equipment, codes, and standards of the trade.
ABILITIES: (Safety, Mission, Ethics and Code of Conduct)
- Thorough knowledge of local building codes is required.
- Strong professional ethics and discretion with an attitude of respect for all employed at COW.
- Commitment to COW’s mission, vision and values and demonstrated ability to create and sustain an organizational climate based on inclusion, social justice, and equity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Describe the working environment)
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The individual must regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is not part of the job posting but is needed for ADA compliance.)
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The individual occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies from the lows of an office environment to higher levels normally experienced in mechanical rooms.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information on our nondiscrimination policy visit: https://www.wooster.edu/info/nondiscrimination