Job TitleHR Manager – Recruiting & Benefits – Seaman Corporation – Job # 223748973
In addition to managing and developing direct reports, this position is responsible for managing and executing the Talent Acquisition and Benefits strategy for Seaman Corporation. This includes managing and utilizing the recruiting cycle to find the best talent to meet the needs of the business. This position will also drive all aspects of benefit plans including life, health, dental, disability insurances, 401(k), and Wellbeing. This position also has oversight of the Dayforce HCM system.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand and document the requirements, duties and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s) and determine optimum approaches to strengthen candidate pool for positions.
- Implement and conduct creative and targeted search strategies to source and screen a successful pipeline, including managing job postings and utilizing social media.
- Screen candidates and select those qualified and interested for the interviewing phase.
- Build relationships with candidates and serve as an ambassador of the company to candidates and new hires.
- Manage and participate in a standardized interviewing process including behavioral based interviewing questions, a consistent approach to appointment of interviewing teams, appropriate documentation, and leading a debriefing calibration process.
- Follow up with hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collect feedback when placement is unsuccessful.
- Manage job offer details including but not limited to negotiations, drafting offer letter package and relocation needs.
- Drive and execute a cohesive University Relations Strategy for acquisition of interns and co-ops.
- Participate in and lead a variety of recruitment projects and initiatives as the business requires
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and other related employment laws and regulations.
- Prepare and communicate information to Associates about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of ERISA and ACA. Supervise preparation of reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of and awareness of, government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Serve as Seaman Corporation HIPAA Compliance Officer, responsible for developing procedures to safeguard Personal Health Information and training all Associates.
- Participate in annual benefit surveys and recommends changes to ensure benefit programs provide value to Associates and are cost competitive to the Company.
- Maintain current Summary Plan Descriptions for all Benefit Programs.
- Manage the Wellbeing Program to ensure Seaman Associates and family members live healthier, happier lives that translate into competitive cost programs.
- Oversee the annual Open Enrollment process including presentations, meeting coordination, and the Dayforce HCM enrollment process.
Dayforce HCM System:
- Manage HCM system priorities and support requirements based on business needs.
- Promote proactive use of the HCM system to solve business needs/problems while enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the system.
- Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future system functionality.
- Coordinate necessary resources including internal resources, Ceridian Support, and third-party contractors to maintain and improve system functionality
This position requires:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Recruiting and Benefits administration; previous Benefits management and HCM system experience preferred. PHR, SPHR, or SHRM Certification preferred. Experience recruiting for a federal contractor a plus.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.