Job TitleHead Tennis Professional – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 224972437
The Head Tennis Professional is a full-time employee reporting directly to the Aspen Director of Tennis. His or her primary responsibilities will be to teach tennis private and group lessons and grow the club in Wooster and surrounding areas. In addition, the Tennis Professional will schedule activities and coordinate a youth program to find and recruit new and talented tennis players. He or she must understand and execute Aspen branded programs that include USTA progressive red, orange, green, and yellow ball instruction and be responsible for member satisfaction through implementation of student-centered teaching.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaches tennis private lessons and group classes – monitors, demonstrates, and instructs students on proper technique, tactics, and strategies to improve overall tennis game
- Works with the Director of Tennis on developing marketing strategies to increase club revenue and efficiently manage tennis operations
- Organizes and promotes club events, tournaments, and programs
- Coordinates with desk staff when necessary to ensure players participating in programs at the club are charged accurately and in a timely manner
- String racquets
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires:
- 3+ years of experience instructing tennis with focus a on adult and youth development
- Advanced tennis skills, including competitive experience in adult and junior tennis
- Current certification with either U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA)/ Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) or willingness to certify
- Ability to teach players of all ages and ability
- Experience in organizing tournaments, team and league play, clinics, camps, and special programs for members of all ages and ability
- Marketing, customer service, and organizational skills
- Availability to teach during the evenings and weekends
- Experience with POP tennis, pickleball, table tennis, USTA league or USTA tournaments a plus. NTRP 4.5 or above also a plus.
Qualified candidates should apply online at:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace.
Pre-employment drug screening required.