Job TitleFront of House Assistant Manager – Dutch Kitchen – Dalton, Ohio OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 251321240
Summary: Dutch Kitchen is looking for a Front of House Assistant to assist the Front of House manager in supervising the daily front of house restaurant operations.
The Front of House Assistant will help to oversee the dining room and customer experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting the Front of House Manager in interviewing and hiring staff, managing staff training, supervising upkeep of guest areas, and shift planning.
Educational Level: High school diploma or GED. Past experience in front house service is preferred.
- Point of sale system experience – front of house assistance may help with cash transactions, including refunding customers, providing discounts, and comping items, which requires proficiency with the restaurant’s POS system.
- Organizational skills – juggle several responsibilities at a time, so top-notch organizational skills and prioritization skills are critical for running successful shifts
- Training – onboarding of new staff, and training current staff in procedural changes.
- Leadership skills – to keep team on task, motivated, and focused. They also resolve staff conflicts and customer’s concerns
- Management –able to follow through in work tasks and expectations with both self and staff.
- Customer service – dedication to providing excellent customer service and improving the customer experience are important qualities
Abilities: Conflict resolution, time management, organized, lead and motivate a team, communicate effectively, critical thinking, problem solving, and accountability.
Work Details: Full time position (up to 40 hours per week). May be required to work overtime on occasion. No Sundays. Occasional long hours with night, weekend, and holiday shifts.