Job TitleFlight Coordinator/Scheduler – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 241847222
Mid-Ohio Aviation/Seaman Corporation is a Part 91 corporate flight department seeking applicants for the position of Flight Coordinator/Scheduler. This primary responsibility of this position is to receive aircraft usage requests and use that information to schedule the company aircraft and provide logistical support in the most effective manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Scheduling and planning travel on the company aircraft in compliance with FAA and company regulations.
- Ensuring efficient use of the company aircraft.
- Mastering computer software related to aircraft scheduling and logistical support.
- Knowing pertinent Federal Aviation Regulations and company policies to remain compliant with same in all operations.
- Familiarization with international procedures and coordinating with customs and/or outside handlers.
- Capable of working within a non-traditional schedule. Being available after normal business day hours, on weekends and holidays to schedule aircraft, update flight information or provide assistance to flight crew or passengers.
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers, internal and external.
- Coordinating aircraft handling with Fixed-Base Operators.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with outside vendors to include logistical support, i.e., Fixed-Base Operators, caterers, transportation providers.
- Coordinating trip logistics for flight crews to include catering, hotels and ground transportation.
- Performing dispatch brief and debrief with flight crews to share information regarding passenger needs or requests.
- Establishing working relationships with executive officers and their assistants.
- Maintaining a flight following system to ensure safety of flight.
- Acting as effective liaison between management and flight crew.
- Arranging catering services, and special requests in accordance with passenger requirements.
- Work closely with Direct Travel to ensure passenger transportation, hotels and any other supporting logistics are in place.
- Coordinating scheduled and non-scheduled aircraft maintenance with the maintenance department manager.
- Ensuring all flight details are posted for accurate aircraft coordination.
- Maintaining passenger profiles in the scheduling system to ensure accurate and current information.
- Preparing trip paperwork/manifests containing all trip related information for the flight crews.
- Distributing trip itineraries to all passengers.
- Remain current on resources available and training opportunities to facilitate an effective scheduling operation.
This position requires:
- College degree preferred.
- Prefer at least 2 or more years of relevant aviation experience in scheduling aircraft.
- Basic knowledge of FAA Part 91 regulations and aviation practices.
- Experience in operating computer software systems.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.