Financial Analyst – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 253173544
Job TitleFinancial Analyst – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 253173544
Financial planning and analysis to support operational, financial and strategic decision-making. Assist with the calculation of labor and overhead rates, updating standard costs and other cost accounting related projects. Position requires strong accounting, business acumen, analytics and spreadsheet skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Daily Reporting – responsible for distribution of daily sales updates.
- Month End Closing – responsible for making adjusting entries and detailed financial analysis to ensure accuracy of information reported to management.
Forecasting, Financial and Strategic Planning – support the planning and forecasting process, including balance sheet and cash flow forecasts. Provide detailed analysis of actual results vs. forecast, plan and prior periods.
- Inventory – Assist manufacturing with physical inventory at year-end.
- Inventory Costing – assist with the annual update of standard costs.
- Overhead Rates – review and update overhead rates on an annual basis.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance with 5-10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA or CMA preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Oracle software, Outlook, and MS Office. Advanced Excel skills are required,
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.