Job TitleEnvironmental, Health & Safety Representative Orrvilon Inc. – Orrville OhioMeansJobs.com Job #224118541
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Safety vision for the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety.
- Participate in accident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions. Provides recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Responds and provides assistance in an emergency situation.
- Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Assist manager with initiatives to implement engineering controls to minimize safety, ergonomic, and occupational health hazards.
- Assist manager with environmental reporting to local and federal agencies as required by law. Ensure accuracy and timely filing of reporting. Ensure proper programs and standards are in place for environmental compliance.
- Monitor in-house safety programs to ensure operational effectiveness including proper procedures, documentation, and personnel updates and/or training.
- Maintain and update safety procedures, evacuation lists, safety posters, tool box talks, daily walk-down topics and schedules, etc.
- Inspect facilities machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Assist manager with selection, inventory, and distribution of personal protective equipment and first aid supplies.
- Assist manger with Workers’ Compensation claims by investigating the circumstances and the claimed injury objectively, while minimizing the cost and fraudulent claims. Act to prevent reoccurrence.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Administer and maintain SDS program.
- Develop metrics to support and drive safety performance.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene Sampling (air, noise, etc.).
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time.
- HR Manager, Safety Manager, Plant Managers, Shop Supervisors
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Safety manufacturing-based role; manufacturing experience preferred.
- Workers’ Compensation claims/case management
- Safety and regulatory compliance responsibility preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA safety and health regulations. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements
- Leadership, organization and time management skills
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or related field and minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a safety leader in a manufacturing environment
- First Aid and CPR Certification preferred