Job TitleEnergy Field Sales Representative – AEP ENERGY – OhioMeansJobs.com Job #239455175
Job Title: Energy Field Sales Representative
Worksite Location: Remote/Wayne County
How to Apply:
Apply online https://www.aep.com/Careers/Positions / select Energy Field Sales Representative
and scroll to the bottom to complete the online application
AEP Energy is a certified competitive retail electricity and natural gas supply provider. We proudly serve residential, small business and commercial and industrial customers. AEP Energy has over 100 years of industry experience with backing from our parent company, American Electric Power (AEP). AEP is one of the largest electric energy companies in the United States and ranked 204 of the Fortune 500.
The ideal candidate will have high-energy, drive, and ambition with a contagious positive attitude.
Successful candidates will have a strong service focus as well as results driven.
• Generate business by working an assigned territory visiting up to 30 – 50 residential houses per day selling electricity (direct sales)
• Use a consultative selling approach; Help educate and increase customer’s awareness of their energy choice as well as competitive advantage of choosing AEP Energy Partners over other energy providers;
• Provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale
• Assure quality and accurate representation of products; Maintain professional image on behalf of the Company
Details: Full-Time and Part-Time available
Typical Workdays and Shift: Monday through Friday
Minimum Requirements/ Basic Qualifications:
Entry-Level role. Competitive individuals looking to excel
Must have Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
Must have a reliable form of personal transportation to use during the course of work hours
Must have auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum requirement for the state of Ohio
HS Diploma or equivalent
Work Experience – Must have one of the following (can be non-concurrent):
- Three (3) months of phone or face to face customer service experience within a sales, retail, or service industry.
- 3 months of leadership experience in a club or organization.
- Prior military experience
Wage: $15/hour plus commissions on number of sales made per week
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, & Drug Testing
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k) w/match, Retirement Plan Other than 401(k), Paid Holidays, Paid Time-Off, Sick Leave, Educational Assistance