Job TitleDirector of Manufacturing – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 232329333
This position will be an integral member of the Operations Leadership Team providing strategic and tactical leadership to drive overall performance goals and objectives to support the business growth strategy. Responsible for the overall strategy and efficient daily operations in each manufacturing facility with the primary accountability for performance results in safety, quality, delivery, cost, customer service, and associate engagement within each manufacturing facility.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Drives a culture that emphasizes workplace safety, collaboration, empowerment, and recognition.
- Coordinate plant activities through plant and departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Approve annual manufacturing budget recommendations. Holds primary accountability for the achievement of budget goals within manufacturing facility
- Align production manufacturing capacity, material, shipping activities, and personnel planning to demand forecasts, including rollouts and other schedule demands.
- Partner with Innovation and R&D to ensure successful launch of all new products into production.
- Develop plans and drive new initiatives focused on procedures and standards, high levels of product quality, and is a catalyst for the overall lean manufacturing processes and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Foster and maintain a high level of customer service through responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality requirements.
- Monitor facility operating budgets; analyze manufacturing costs and material usage reports; identify and implement improvements to positively affect profitability.
- Responsible for all environmental, health, and safety activities at the facilities and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations, and customer contractual performance agreements.
- Partner with Human Resources to deploy leadership development opportunities, driving performance management, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged and high performing workforce.
- Build, develop, and manage a leadership team capable of carrying out operational strategies and execution excellence in a high growth environment.
This position requires:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Director or executive experience preferred. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of managerial experience in Operations in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.