Job TitleDirector of Engineering Seaman Corporation Job # 218827914
Seaman Corporation, a leading innovator and manufacturer of highly engineered coated fabrics in Wooster, Ohio, has the following opening:
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
The Director Engineering leads and directs all aspects of engineering activities and capital projects throughout the enterprise. Fosters innovation and executes strategies to meet objectives, ensure reliability and regulatory compliance including preventative and predictive maintenance programs as well as responsibility for the capital project budgets. The director will be a matrixed leader, reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work directly with senior leaders to define linkages between strategic objectives and process improvements, using both analytical tools and project management techniques
- Provide leadership and project management oversight for all capital investment and engineering projects across the enterprise.
- Ensure effective implementation and validation of manufacturing processes and equipment to support business growth, cost and capacity needs.
- Provide technical support and resources to manufacturing departments as needed.
- Use structured problem-solving and continuous improvement techniques to make short and long-term improvements.
- Evaluate and develop key equipment spare parts inventory program as a corporate resource to support business needs.
- Evaluate, design, plan and provide budget estimates to establish annual capital project budget.
- Champion Lean Initiatives within the Engineering group and the organization and continually improve processes using Lean methodologies.
- Evaluate new process technology and equipment, benchmarking world class companies.
- Lead strong collaborative teams for the development of new ideas, products, equipment, processes and techniques to support business strategic objectives.
- Develop the organization’s Process Engineering teams through coaching, training and development of engineering talent, deep technical skills, innovation ability, and core competencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job RequirementsThis position requires: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field, 10+ years of process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong track record in leading large capital engineering projects. Project Management Certification a plus. Qualified candidates should apply online at:www.seamancorp.com/careers We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.