Job TitleDeputy Dog Warden (part-time) Wayne County Commissioners – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226865865
Do you love working with dogs and have a passion for keeping Wayne County safe? The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the part-time position of Deputy Dog Warden. This position will work three to four (3-4) 8-hour days per week, which includes every other Saturday and will need to be on call for emergencies as required.
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
The successful candidate will:
- Patrol the county and impound stray dogs.
- Issue warnings and citation to non-compliant dog owners.
- Conduct checks for and sell dog licenses.
- Respond to complaints or concerns from the public.
- Appear in Court as needed to testify as to the citations and/or cruelty investigations.
- Be comfortable working in all types of weather.
- Have knowledge of animal behavior and be comfortable working with and around dogs (including dangerous dogs).
- Plan routes for pickups.
- Answer telephones to help the public with dog-related problems and provide
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed.
- Maintain Dog Warden area and supplies to ensure efficient operation.
- Assist with cleaning duties and/or shelter operation duties, as necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ohio Peace Officer Certification (OPOTA) is preferred.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/emloyment-opportunities) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Barb Winey. Questions? Call 330-287-5409. The position will be open through May 19, 2021 or until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
428 WEST LIBERTY STREET WOOSTER, OHIO 44691 330-287-5400 FAX 330-287-5407
We do not discriminate in the provision of services or employment because of handicap, race, color, creed, national origin, sex or age