Job TitleDeli Support Clerk – Part Time (Must be 18 years of age or older) Buehler’s – Orrville, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 242332465
Buehler’s Fresh Foods is an employee-owned chain of 13 grocery stores located in northeast Ohio. Our employees share a genuine concern for quality and to take care of the customer. We are always “Putting People First” whether it be our customers or our employees.
We are looking for an employee who can join us as a Full-time (30-40 hrs per wk), Part-time (20-30 hrs per wk) or a Seasonal (up to 20 hrs per week) team member. We offer our PT employees the opportunity to enroll in benefits such as Voluntary Dental coverage, Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance coverage and Flexible Spending Benefits. In addition, FT employees are also offered medical as well as company paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage. Upon meeting minimal requirements, retirement benefits include the opportunity to enroll in a 401(k) plan as well as automatic enrollment in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Our Advantage Card program has benefitted our customers for many years, and as an employee, you will enjoy the same benefits but three times as fast. The benefits include free groceries and Speedway gas discounts. Our teammates earn triple points on purchases made with their Advantage Card.
We hope you would consider the opportunity below!
The Buehler’s Deli Support is an essential position within our Deli Department and is directly influential in the overall profitability of the department. In addition to working in the deli, this position has the opportunity to support Food Service Operations. Deli Support work closely with their manager and co-workers to make sure that the customer has an exceptional experience either while shopping in our store or dining in our restaurant. Two of our company strategies are to become the Best in Food Service and The Freshest Foods and that starts with one meal or shopping trip at a time.
Our Food Service teammates love the challenge of providing exceptional service as we strive to become the Best in Food Service and The Freshest Foods.
CompanyBuehler’s - Orrville
A typical day for a Deli Support may include:
- Provides exceptional customers service including greeting customers as well as answering questions
- Maintains Buehler’s high standards for freshness and sanitation
- Sells product by providing information the customer needs to make product-related decisions; provides samples
- Fills, maintains, and rotates products and displays
- Supports Restaurant, Catering and Specialty areas with special orders and party trays
- Operates the deli slicer and other commercial food service equipment
- Supports all functions of the Deli including prep, production, sales support of our Deli Counter, Food Service Prep, Deli Sandwich, and Soup and Salad Bar
We think you’d be great for this role if you embody the 6 Characteristics of a great Buehler’s teammate:
- Enjoy working in a teamwork environment
- Deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service and are committed to making each shopping trip special
- Have an eye for food preparation and display
- Manage stress and keep your composure when it gets busy during the work week, weekends, and special holidays (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and many others)
- Work with minimal supervision while being highly productive
- Understand basic weights and measurements
- Value being dependable, reliable and flexible with your schedule to accommodate customer demand
- Accommodate staffing needs by having the ability to work some weekends
- Don’t mind working on your feet for extended periods of time
- Understand that this is not designed to cover all the duties that are required, and there may be changes to your duties or responsibilities without notice
Our legal team wants you to know what’s required for this role:
- Attain at least 18 years of age
- Able to occasionally be required to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50# and occasionally 80#
- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures; and can do simple math problems
- Able to work within our deli/kitchen environment that includes equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives…so frequently you will be exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disability to perform the essential function
Have familiarity with deli operations, but not required. We are always excited to train a new teammate!
We value the hard work of our teammates and are proud to say that we hire most of our full-time positions from within. Eighty-five percent of our store managers started off in one of our entry-level positions. We love to see our employees grown and give them control of their career path.
We are an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
This application could be the first step towards the next chapter in your life. Thank you for applying for a position at our company. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply in Person at: Orrville Buehler’s Fresh Foods, 1114 W High St, Orrville, Ohio, 44667
Or online: at Indeed