Job TitleCustodian – College of Wooster Job # 219042679
The College of Wooster is seeking temporaryThe College of Wooster is seeking temporary custodian(s) to be a member of a professional cleaning team with a goal of providing excellent customer service in a sanitary, clean and safe environment. These are 2nd shift position(s)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
- Cleans public areas of buildings: classrooms, lounges, kitchenettes, stairways, entryways and elevators.
- Cleans offices, including: dusting, vacuuming, washing furnishings and phones.
- Removes trash and recycling from buildings to dumpsters or designated area.
- Washes interior and exterior of windows that can be cleaned with proper safety procedures.
- Performs routine cleaning work through the academic year but may also perform project work during breaks and through the summer months.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to departmental standards while paying attention to detail. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently, based on cleaning frequency standards and building routines as well as unexpected circumstances.
CompanyThe College of Wooster
Job RequirementsEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three years related experience and/or training preferred.