Job TitleCulinary Supervisor (Orrville) – JAG Healthcare – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 241775641
Job Title: Culinary Supervisor (Orrville) Worksite 230 South Crown Hill Rd., Orrville 44667 Number of Openings: 1
How to Apply: IMMEDIATE NEED / APPLY DIRECT to JAG Healthcare:
*The starting pay rate is based on experience and will be determined during the interview process. We are looking for a full-time Culinary Supervisor during the evenings and weekends. *
JAG Healthcare Orrville is adding to the Culinary team! We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to help run the kitchen, prepare, and deliver food to our residents. The goal of the Culinary Supervisor is to make sure all food is prepared properly, and food is served within appropriate temperature guidelines, following our cleanliness procedures. If you are looking for a team that truly makes you feel appreciated and believes in a work-life balance, we would love for you to come join our team!
JAG Healthcare Orrville is a smaller, 47-bed facility offering both traditional skilled nursing and long-term care as well as a cognitive deficit/behavioral resident care model. We are looking for staff members that are committed to exceptional patient care and continuous quality improvement! Applicants must be team-oriented, dependable and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to)
- Regulatory compliance of kitchen operations, scheduling and staff management, ordering, inventory and supply management, collaboration with the RD and Interdisciplinary Team.
- Complete food and meal preparation
- Timely meal deliveries to residents
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen & dining room
- Positively interact with residents, staff, and guests
- Comply with Company, Local, State, and Federal guidelines for Food Safety and Food Handling
- Ability to work independently and remain motivated
- Helpful with positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Professionalism along with speed and attention to detail
- Prior food preparation experience
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware)
- Ability to follow instructions
- CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) preferred
- ServSafe Level 2 Managers Certificate required
- Frequent standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently immerses hands in water
Our Mission: At JAG Healthcare we are dedicated to creating a lifetime of balance for our residents, our employees, and our communities. We strive for continuous improvement in service, efficiency and quality of care by eliminating waste and redundancy within our operations. This guiding principle enables us to re-invest in and improve the quality of life for everyone at our facilities and the communities we serve.
If you are ready for a fresh start as a Culinary Supervisor with a family-oriented company, please respond directly to this post and we would love to share more with you. Thank you for reviewing this posting and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Job Type: Full-time Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Application Question(s):The CDC now requires all our employees to be fully vaccinated or have a medical/religious exemption. Please acknowledge that you have read this before submitting your application.
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred) Experience: Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: CDM (Preferred) ServSafe level 2 Managers Certificate (Preferred)