Codes & Approvals Support Specialist – Seaman Corp – # 253358084
Job TitleCodes & Approvals Support Specialist – Seaman Corp – # 253358084
The Codes & Approvals Support Specialist is primarily responsible for coordinating and executing product/system qualification processes, system research & testing, and third-party testing, and certification programs. This position works with internal cross-functional teams, various domestic and international building code and compliance entities, along with third party testing & certification laboratories to achieve and maintain building code approvals to support the FiberTite Strategy. The C&A Support Specialist ensures testing procedures are in compliance with required industry standards. Identifies chronic or systematic problems in testing and develops and implements improvements to the process.
- Responsibilities include sample construction and reporting, system research & testing, and project management.
- Coordinate and manage the codes processes as assigned.
- Organize, plan and execute all projects on time and on budget, for all code bodies, coordinate overall project budget, schedule, scope, deliverables, execution and final reporting.
- Support the achievement and maintenance of Building Code and Regulatory Approvals for FTR products on national and international levels to meet the needs of the market and maintain competitive edge.
- Provide current approval documentation and fulfill related customer requests for product/system reports and/or certifications.
- Summarize data and respective information into tools for use by Sales & Technical Services.
- Support analysis of competitive roof systems and products for technical performance and positioning.
- Complete related tasks, as assigned by Code & Approvals Manager, associated with new product/application engineering programs.
- Assist Codes & Approvals & Marketing Managers in development of marketing/sales tools as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) or Vocational Degree related to construction.
- The individual will bring practical experience of hands-on construction.
Approximately 50% or more travel by air or ground as required, to attend / participate in code approvals testing and industry meetings.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .