Job TitleBUILDING & ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR – Wayne County Commissioners – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 229680118
Would you like to work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits including health insurance, great retirement system and a great team to work with? Would you like to have 11 paid holidays per year? How about ample sick leave and vacation leave that, if unused, may roll over to the next year?
If so, Wayne County is the place! The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the full-time position of Building & Electrical Inspector. This position will work Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:00PM. Starting pay depends on qualifications and experience.
- Perform inspections of residential and commercial buildings to ensure project is built to the minimum standards of the Ohio codes.
- Provide assistance and services to the public, contractors and architects of code requirements when asked and assist at public counter when needed.
- Utilize the departments permitting and enforcement software in performing the functions of the job and reporting of inspection results.
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
- Have and maintain certification or internship by the Ohio Board of Building Standards (OBBS) as Building Inspector Class II and ESI License
- Multiple certifications in addition will be prioritized
- Have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Able to perform inspections on sites having limited access due to rough grading and in various conditions of construction, including some climbing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (such as punctuation, spelling and grammar)
- Must pass a Vehicle and Criminal Background Check
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/emloyment-opportunities) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Building Department, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Marcy Stoller. Questions? Call 330-287-5477.One more important thing…. this needs to be received by May 27, 2020 So don’t delay – do it soon – we’re waiting for your application!
The position will be open through July 30, 2021.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer