Job TitleBUDGET & GRANT ADMINISTRATOR – Wayne County Commissioners – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 230915710
Are you great with financial reports and budgeting? Would you like to work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits, great retirement system and a great team to work with? Would you like to have 11 paid holidays per year, ample sick leave and vacation leave (and unused leave rolls over to the next year)? If so, Wayne County is the place! The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the full-time position of Budget & Grant Administrator.
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Budget Preparation (both tax and annual budgets): review requests for budget modifications and amendments; provide statistical comparisons and financial analysis as requested; review budgets with departments and review requests and concerns; maintain the Fund Structure and
- Chart of Accounts; coordinate with County Administrator to pull together the various aspects of the budgets into final documents for review and passage by the Commissioners; review budget policies and implement changes and revisions.
- Grants: Perform financial recordkeeping activities related to the awarding of grants and verify all required reports are filed on a timely basis; communicate with various granting agencies and internal departments on grant questions.
- Review invoices for appropriateness and process for payment, process disbursements and drawdowns; verify requirements, e.g. prevailing wage reports being completed before processing payment; be a liaison with the State Auditor for the annual audit; prepare Federal schedule for use with the annual audit; provide financial information for reporting.
- Coordinate and verify that grants administered by other County entities have completed their required reports and maintained appropriate grant records; oversee the retention of grant records to comply with the retention schedules.
- Serve as a backup for biweekly payroll.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, plus comparable and supervisory experience is preferred.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428
West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Marcy Stoller. Questions? Call 330-287-5477.
Posted 8/20/21. The position will be open until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer