Job TitleAssistant Director of Tennis – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 227754658
The Assistant Director of Tennis will be a dynamic, visible, and accessible leader for ARC staff and members alike. The candidate will be responsible for running a successful tennis programs at the club. He or she must be an excellent instructor, have strong business sense and have at least three to five years of experience as an Assistant Director of Tennis, or Head Professional. He or she must be passionate about the game of tennis, proactive, self-motivated and have friendly personality and excellent communication skills. The position will require evening and weekend availability.
The Assistant Director of Tennis will report to and work closely with the Director of Tennis to continue to establish and grow the club in Wooster and the surrounding area. Emphasis will be put on youth development, increasing membership and participation while providing excellent customer service and experience.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
The Assistant Director of Tennis will be responsible for running a successful tennis and other programs at the club including the following duties:
- Provide strong leadership for the staff and the club members
- Provide beginning through advanced instruction (private and group) for all ages and levels of players
- Organize and oversee adult and junior internal and external leagues as well as the club’s USTA leagues
- Organize and run tournaments, camps and special programs for members
- Assist in orientation and training to each new associate. Assist in developing ongoing training programs.
- Be involved in member relations and marketing
- Plan and promote club programs, clinics, and events
- Be involved in the retail pro shop operation
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires:
- Three to five years of experience as an Assistant Director of Tennis, Head Tennis Professional or Tennis Professional in a high-quality tennis club or program
- Current certification with either U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA)/ Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) or willingness to certify
- Strong leadership and enthusiasm for the game of tennis
- Experience with supervising and teaching professionals
- Capacity to teach players of all ages and ability
- Proven experience in organizing tournaments, team and league play, clinics, camps and special programs for members of all ages and ability
- Strong marketing and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills; friendly, outgoing and positive attitude
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required