Job TitleApplication Engineering and Technical Support Manager – Industrial Fabrics Division Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 228764331
The role is a hands-on manager of the Application Engineering and Technical Support Function which leads customer-anchored product development projects from the point of IFD approval through completion. The Technical Manager works collaboratively with Sales Management and Product Management to assess, resource, and execute new product opportunities surfaced by existing and prospective customers. While the Application Engineering function leads the project, support and expertise will be provided by Operations in the form of process engineering support and I&T in the form of formulation expertise, fabric design expertise, test method development expertise, and laboratory testing. As a secondary priority, this role will ensure the provision of technical support to IFD customers. The technical support is intended to aid our customers in selecting the proper products for their applications and in helping customers learn how to utilize our products in their fabrication process. This product selection support and fabrication support is intended to be limited to those instances when the support required is beyond the ability of the Sales personnel’s ability to provide.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Approve/Deny new product development requests as part of collaborative team.
- Assign resources to approved projects.
- Ensure project plans are in place and on-track for approved projects.
- Actively participate in development activities as needed to support project.
- Work at a managerial level to gain alignment with Operations, Sales, Product, and I&T management to remove barriers and obstacles to project success.
- Provide monthly update to project stakeholders as to status and upcoming milestones.
- Assist the Application Engineers in the development of products as needed to meet project goals.
- Ensure processes are followed for the creation of specifications and transfer of new products into production.
Customer and Market Engagement:
- Support Sales Management efforts to identify new product needs within our customer base on an as-needed basis. This may take the form of participating in customer ideation / innovation sessions.
- Ensure customers are receiving technical support on an as-requested basis. This is expected to utilize less than 25% of the team resources based on historic needs.
- Manage departmental resources and budget to achieve objectives.
- Provide guidance, support, and feedback, to subordinates consistent with company culture and systems.
- Actively participate as part of the IFD management team in a collaborative fashion.
This position requires:
4-year college degree in Engineering, or alternative STEM discipline. Two or more years working in comparable role in a B2B manufacturing environment.
Must demonstrate ability to perform a diversity of tasks including capturing key information from customers, creating, and implementing project plans, researching solutions, running trials, assessing results, coordinating with manufacturing personnel, and generating ideas with I&T personnel.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required