Job TitleAdministrative Accountant/Bid Administrator/Prevailing WageCoordinator
Administrative Accountant/Bid Administrator/Prevailing Wage Coordinator
Wayne County Commissioners
OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 210244687
The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for this full-time position. Education in accounting, business and/or computer operations, plus two (2) years governmental accounting experience or equivalent, would be beneficial and is preferred.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· PUBLIC BID ADMINISTRATION: Following the ORC statutes, analyze the need to bid county projects and assist with the development of bids; assemble all bids and monitor all certifications and requirements; conduct bid openings and analyze bid responses for accuracy and completeness; prepare contracts for signatures
· ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND PAYABLE: Handle all Commissioner receipts; determine and process all invoices for airport fuel and leases, dispatch and prosecutor services, insurance, ACA and CAFR reimbursements; monitor RLF program loan receipts and prepare semi-annual reports; process payments and monitor budget for utilities, postage and property taxes; maintain costs for indirect cost allocation plans; maintain warrant files.
· CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION/PREVAILING WAGE COORDINATOR: Attend
preconstruction meetings to review, with the contractor, the contract requirements for the project; ensure compliance with prevailing wage requirements for both state and federal schedules including monitoring certified payroll reports and affidavits; make sure all paperwork is submitted, including apprentice state registrations; as a requirement for CDBG projects, handle on-site wage interviews
with contractor employees; maintain contract files.
· RECORDS: Monitor sale of county properties to determine tax liabilities and file county tax
exemptions; prepare receipt record information for annual audit and CAFR; maintain monthly record of sales tax receipts.
· SECURITY: Maintain/monitor security system for two county buildings; create, modify and terminate employee badges and key fobs; maintain and update exterior door schedules; determine system and program problems to determine solution.
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
Job RequirementsQualified applicants must complete an employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/employment-opportunities) and submit along with your resume to Wayne County Commissioners, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Barb Chapin. Questions can be directed to 330-287-5409. Deadline for submission is July 31, 2019. Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer Post Closes: 8/3/2019