Job TitleActivities Assistant (Orrville) JAG Healthcare – Orrville, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 245470350
Worksite 230 South Crown Hill Rd., Orrville, OH 44667 Number of Openings: 1
How to Apply: IMMEDIATE NEED / APPLY DIRECT to JAG Healthcare:
* JAG Healthcare Orrville is seeking a reliable, compassionate part-time Activities Assistants to work at our Orrville, Ohio location. Our talented and caring Activities Team has an opportunity for the right candidate to join us on 1st shift.
JAG Healthcare Orrville is a smaller, 47-bed facility offering both traditional skilled nursing and long-term care as well as a cognitive deficit/behavioral resident care model. We are looking for staff members that are committed to exceptional patient care and continuous quality improvement! Applicants must be team-oriented, dependable and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Assisting in the planned Activities for our residents, keeping them engaged, encouraged, and motivated.
- Implement activities programs for our residents; focus on individual interests (1 on 1 and group activities).
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Coordinating activities with other departments and working collaboratively with all staff.
- Assist residents to and from scheduled activity programs.
- Self-starter and self-motivated, with an entertaining and outgoing personality.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- The ability to make someone’s day better.
- Someone who is observant, driven, and creative.
- Experience with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy is a plus.
- Previous experience with geriatric population is a plus.
- Someone who can place someone else’s needs before their own.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Willingness to adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Work well with a Team.
- Patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially those who are sick, injured, elderly, or from different backgrounds.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment; including but not limited to eye protection and masks (surgical and N95).
- Ability to test regularly for COVID 19.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
Application Question(s): The CDC now requires all our employees to be fully vaccinated or have a medical/religious exemption. Please acknowledge that you have read this before submitting your application.
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)