Accounts Payable Specialist – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226018595
Job TitleAccounts Payable Specialist – Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226018595
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and processing Seaman Corporation’s invoices and payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables specialist to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates Use tax on paid invoices and coordinates reporting and remitting use tax to the state with Supervisor.
- Gathers information and processes credit references at the request of potential vendors.
- Generates annual 1099’s for dividends and non-employee compensation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2 Year degree (Business or Accounting preferred) required, and 1-3 years accounts payable work experience preferred.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.