Job TitleAccountant Seaman Corporation – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 227676654
The Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The position encompasses multiple levels of accounting and requires the ability to work independently.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic financial statements such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and profit and loss statements.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts for various entities
- Maintains the general ledger, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, codes invoices and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary accounting and tax information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position requires:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; three to five years of accounting experience required. CPA designation or willingness to certify preferred.
- Strong general ledger skills.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software (proficiency in QB preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.