Job Title9‐1‐1 Dispatcher (full and part time) Wayne County Communications Center- Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 230794375
The Wayne County Communications Center is seeking motivated individuals that are interested in the field of 9‐1‐1 Communications (Dispatcher). Selected individuals will be given on the job paid training. The positions are 8 hour shifts consisting of days, afternoon and midnight which is decided by seniority bid. Dispatchers are also required to work weekends and holidays. Pay range full time $17.82‐$21.73 with lateral transfer possible. Benefits are Medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and OPERS retirement. Part time start $14.00 with sick time and OPERS.
CompanyWayne County Communications
Qualifications for 9‐1‐1 Dispatchers:
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED)
- No felony convictions
- Required to submit to a Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (C.V.S.A)
- Criminal, traffic and employment background investigation.
- Computer keyboarding
- Good hearing and speech
- Gather pertinent information quickly and accurately
- Ability to remain calm, even‐tempered and courteous during the many stressful
events that may occur.
- Working with Computer Aided Dispatch System (CAD)
- Prepare and maintain records involving computer entries, receives and responds
- from government agencies.
- Working with local law enforcement and fire agencies.
- Demonstrates regular attendance
- Maintains required certification.
Applications will be accepted in person, mailed or emailed to:
Wayne County Communication
Attn: Dir. Ron McCollum
201 W. North St.
Wooster, Ohio 44691