Job TitlePlant Operator – 3 Full-time Classified Positions – City of Wooster OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 227009956
The Plant Operator is responsible for the continuous operation, maintenance, and inspection of the plant
in the Water Pollution Control Plant (2 positions) or the Water Treatment Plant (1 position) on an
The three shifts that will be filled are Water Pollution, Wednesday through Saturday, 2:00 p.m. –
midnight; Wednesday through Saturday, 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.; Water Treatment, Wednesday through
Saturday, 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
CompanyCity of Wooster
Applicants must meet the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent and
a valid motor vehicle license issued by the State of Ohio. A valid commercial driver’s license issued by the
State of Ohio is preferred. Must meet insurability guidelines. A Class I, II, III, or IV state certification issued
by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency or a Class I obtained within 24 months of hire is required.
Experience in the operation of the water pollution control and/or water treatment or an equivalent
combination of experience and training which provides the preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities;
mechanical ability; proficiency in Windows operating system; knowledge of occupational hazards connected with water pollution control and or/water production operations; and ability to understand and carry out difficult oral and written instructions.
EXAMINATION PROCESS: An unassembled Civil Service Examination will be administered for this
position. Candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted to schedule an oral examination.
Passing applicants on the civil service examination will be placed on a Civil Service eligible list. Applicants
will be processed for further testing from this list. Applicants must pass or meet all acceptable standards for
all pre-employment assessments to meet qualifications. Such examinations may include, but not be limited
to: psychological and/or psychiatric examination, CVSA examination, drug screen, background investigation, personality assessment and personal interview. The duration of the list will be one year or until exhausted.
A detailed job description and application can be found at https://www.woosteroh.com/humanresources/careers. Please complete the online application no later than June 6, 2021.
Special auxiliary aids for handicapped persons are available upon request. At least five (5) days notice is
required prior to the Civil Service Examination. Requests must be made to the Human Resources Division
330-263-5254 during regular working hours.
Job TitleDelivery Driver (non CDL)/ Warehouse – The Friendly Wholesale Co. OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226914138
Type of Job: Full Time – Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 pm
How to Apply: Apply directly to the employer – 655 Cushman St, Wooster, Ohio 44691
OR call 330.264.8222
Must load product in the truck and deliver to an area. Could be up to 50 miles and could have 20-50 stops in a day. Deliveries are made to schools, factories, daycares, churches, restaurants, golf courses, etc. Collection of monies could be possible at some stops. Must be able to have excellent customer service when dealing with the customer and may have to put the product away for the customer.
Must have a valid driver’s license and possess a good driving record; Must be able to follow map and written directions to various places in the county or larger cities.
Post Closes: 8/2/2021
Job TitleShift Supervisor – 2nd Shift – Confidential – Wayne County, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226906051
OhioMeansJobs Wayne County is assisting a local employer in their search for a Shift Supervisor.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $40,000 -$55,000 per year
Shift: 2nd Monday – Friday
We have an immediate need for a 2nd Shift Supervisor to support a manufacturing plant. We offer a generous benefits package and competitive wages.
The Shift Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules
- Compute amount of stock and supplies required for operations based on production schedules, and requisition materials from storage area.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Work with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Monitor workers use of SPC system
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Develop capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
- Operate lift truck, weigh parts on scale and complete necessary paper work, as needed
We are looking for qualified individuals with an ability to work effectively in a team environment and a strong commitment to their own professional growth, reputation and ethics. Successful candidates are self-motivated and reliable; excel in a fast paced environment, and possess the following skills and experience:
- 2 to 4 years related supervisory experience in a Machining environment
- Solid computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment is a plus
- Ability to read and understand customer blue prints and/or requirements
- Experience using hand-measurement tools; micrometer, caliper, dial indicator
- Basic Understanding of Fanuc, G&M codes preferred
- Able to work any shift – current opening is for 2nd shift
- High School diploma/GED
- College education and/or supervisory training preferred
The company offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Send Resumes To: WayneCoJobs@JFS.Ohio.gov
Job TitleDeputy Dog Warden (part-time) Wayne County Commissioners – Wooster, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226865865
Do you love working with dogs and have a passion for keeping Wayne County safe? The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the part-time position of Deputy Dog Warden. This position will work three to four (3-4) 8-hour days per week, which includes every other Saturday and will need to be on call for emergencies as required.
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
The successful candidate will:
- Patrol the county and impound stray dogs.
- Issue warnings and citation to non-compliant dog owners.
- Conduct checks for and sell dog licenses.
- Respond to complaints or concerns from the public.
- Appear in Court as needed to testify as to the citations and/or cruelty investigations.
- Be comfortable working in all types of weather.
- Have knowledge of animal behavior and be comfortable working with and around dogs (including dangerous dogs).
- Plan routes for pickups.
- Answer telephones to help the public with dog-related problems and provide
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed.
- Maintain Dog Warden area and supplies to ensure efficient operation.
- Assist with cleaning duties and/or shelter operation duties, as necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ohio Peace Officer Certification (OPOTA) is preferred.
Applicants must submit a required employment application (downloadable from http://www.wayneohio.org/emloyment-opportunities) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: Barb Winey. Questions? Call 330-287-5409. The position will be open through May 19, 2021 or until filled.
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
428 WEST LIBERTY STREET WOOSTER, OHIO 44691 330-287-5400 FAX 330-287-5407
We do not discriminate in the provision of services or employment because of handicap, race, color, creed, national origin, sex or age
Job TitleQuality Engineer – Confidential – Wayne County, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226586342
OhioMeansJobs Wayne County is assisting a local employer in their search for a Quality Engineer.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $45,000 -$65,000 per year
Shift: 1st Monday – Friday
We have an immediate need for a Quality Engineer to support a manufacturing plant. We offer a generous benefits package and competitive wages.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of manufacturing process, materials, and products by performing the duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Facilitate APQP Process with cross-functional team membership.
- Identify appropriate measurement methods and devices.
- Prepare PPAP packages for customer approval on new products and changes.
- Responsible for working with site’s departments to create and maintain Control Plans and FMEA’s.
- Assist with identification of gaffing needs and improvements. Ability to design custom gages is beneficial.
- Quality & Environmental Management Systems:
- Developing and implementing quality assurance & environmental systems.
- Managing audit and corrective action systems.
- Performing audits, onsite and at suppliers, when needed.
- Facilitating problem solving sessions with input from cross functional team members.
- Assist in the training and development of internal auditors.
- Administrating the document control system.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers as required.
- Communicates with significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Reviewing, analyzing and summarizing quality performance data using Minitab, Excel, and other software programs. Must be able to summarize results and provide recommendations when needed.
- Providing support to the Quality Technician group when needed.
CompanyWayne County Employer
Requirements for Education and Experience:
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred with 4= years relevant experience in manufacturing. Working knowledge of quality management systems is required (IATF-16949, ISO9001, others). Applied experience with six-sigma and lean manufacturing concepts beneficial.
Language Skills: Must be capable of communicating in clear, concise and technical fashion in both verbal and written forms. Must have the ability to interpret and understand part drawings, GD&T and technical data in the form of standards and specifications. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community required.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, statistics, and trigonometry. Applicant should have previous experience working with SPC and capable of performing inferential statistics and regression analysis is beneficial.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on MS Office. Previous experience working with statistical (Minitab & WinSPC) is highly beneficial. This individual will be expected to learn how to interact with various technologies at JAE Tech (inspection equipment such as vision systems, spline analyzer, microscopes and others). Experience working with CAD systems also beneficial.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- IATF16949 Internal Auditor Training
- ASQ CQE, CQA and CQM/OE preferred
- ISO14001 Internal Auditor Training beneficial
- Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred previous automotive quality experience.
- Experience leading team-based projects (continual improvement, problem solving and products/process)
- Must be comfortable working on the production floor and interacting with production employees in a team environment
- Must be able to make decisions effectively and timely manner
- Must be able to travel 5%-15%
The company offers wages and a generous benefits package as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Send Resumes To: WayneCoJobs@JFS.Ohio.gov
Job TitleKennel Attendant (part-time) – Wayne County – OhioMeansJobs.com Job #226502837
Would you like to work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits, great retirement system and a great team to work with? How about sick leave and vacation leave? If so, Wayne County is the place! Interested in learning more?
Now let’s get down to the important stuff, so don’t stop reading! This is a part-time job and here are the things that you will be doing. We’re not going to list everything, just enough to get you excited!
CompanyWayne County Commissioners
• Cleaning and sanitizing kennels
• Providing food and water for the dogs
• Assisting in the cleaning of the shelter and play yard
• Exercising the dogs
• Approximately 24 hours per week including weekends and/or holidays
• Must be willing to work hard in all types of weather
• Must be willing to work with and around all types of dogs, including potentially dangerous ones.
The Wayne County Commissioners are looking for someone who can do these things – and that person could be you! What’s your next step? It’s quite easy – just fill out one of our employment applications (downloadable from https://www.wayneohio.org /employment-opportunities) and email it to email@example.com. You can also drop it off at the Wayne County Commissioners’ Office, 428 West Liberty Street,Wooster, Ohio 44691, Attn: BarbWiney. Questions? Call 330-287-5409.
The position will be open through May 5, 2021 or until filled.
So don’t delay – we’re waiting for your application!
Wayne County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job TitleDedicated Security Officer – Signal 88 Security of Greater Youngstown – Kidron OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226452458
Shift: 1st and 2nd Shifts
Work Days: Monday – Saturday
Job Type: Full Time
Work Location: Kidron
Job Description: Visitor Access Control, Foot Patrol Walking Rounds
CompanySignal 88 Security of Greater Youngstown
- High school diploma, GED
- Lifting Capacity – Light to 20 lbs.
- Extensive Sitting
- Extensive Walking
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Testing
- Reference Check
- Required Minimum Age: 21
- Will Accept Trainee
- Will Provide On The Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
Job TitleLABORERS – Elite Elastomers of Ohio LLC – Wooster –Ohio OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226341012
Work Days: Monday to Thursday with some Friday overtime
CompanyElite Elastomers of Ohio LLC
Requirements and Qualifications:
- No education level required
- No experience necessary – Will train
- Fully paid health insurance for employees
- Fully paid life insurance for employees
- Matching 401k
- Uniforms Provided
- Pay based on qualifications
Apply Daily from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at:
Elite Elastomers of Ohio LLC
1205 E. Bowman Street
Job TitlePet Cremation & Memorial Services – Unforgettable Tails Pet Cremation & Memorial Services by Custer-Glenn Funeral Home – Wooster OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226200688
We are seeking an individual to assist with pet removals from veterinary hospitals and residences helping to interact in all capacities with pet families.
This position requires approximately 20 – 30 hours to be offered between 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily with the opportunity to be on-call on the weekends.
Position involves lifting pets of all sizes and specific cremation procedures to be carried out.
If you are a compassionate and professional individual with a desire to help families during a difficult time, please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Jordan Glenn
CompanyUnforgettable Tails Pet Cremation & Memorial Services by Custer-Glenn Funeral Home
- High school diploma
- Able to lift 20 lbs. to 100 lbs. and up
- Clean background
- Driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Business casual
- No visible tattoos
- Preferably nonsmoker
- Professional disposition
Job TitleTruss Builder – Trusco – Doylestown, OH OhioMeansJobs.com Job # 226103353
1st Shift workers starting at $15 and 2nd Shift workers Starting at $15.50
Position Purpose: Build trusses that meet quality standards in a safe and efficient manner.
The job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
Core Value Expectations
- Actively pursue high character, high trust, and high performance personally, corporately, and in all aspects of the position
- Provide distinctive quality and unparalleled customer service both internally and externally
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, respect, and teamwork
- Invite others to help you grow through living authentically with nothing to prove, lose or hide
Primary Role Expectations
- Assemble building material components, including positioning of materials, clamping, splicing and fitting parts in accordance with specifications
- Place metal reinforcement plates over connecting joints and connects parts at joints using a hammer
- Verify dimensions of precut parts and accuracy of assembly
- Properly mark truss ID and band bunks of trusses
- Maintain and clean equipment and work area, keeping racks clear as trusses are produced
- Work safely and help maintain a safe work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read a measuring tape and use a hammer
- Strong ability to work effectively with diverse individuals from management to floor employees
- Strong communication skills, reasoning and mathematical skills
- Reliable, punctual
- Manufacturing environment – constant walking, sitting, standing, bending, talking, hearing, seeing and using hands to operate tools
- Ability to move or lift up to 25 lbs.