Safety Manager – Seaman Corporation – Job # 265598071
Read the details below and apply today! Always check our free resources for help finding the right job for you!
The Safety Manager will support efforts to ensure workplace safety at all our facilities. This position will be responsible for ensuring full Safety strategic development, implementation, and management of all Safety related compliances and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partnering with the leadership group to create change and define Safety solutions that are in the best interest of the overall business strategy and objectives,
- Focus on formulating, implementing, and maintaining basic policies, programs, and techniques necessary to achieve company goals and regulatory requirements related to Safety issues.
- Providing leadership to the Safety team and ensuring the appropriate skills and competencies are identified and developed to meet business objectives.
- Provide support and leadership for the implementation and execution of Safety strategies, goals, and objectives to meet Plant, Corporate and Government objectives/requirements for Safety.
- Develop methods to continuously increase Safety engagement within hourly and salary workforce.
- Partner with other functions and lead efforts to continuously improve plant Safety culture.
- Execute strategies to eliminate serious injuries and environmental incidents, continuously reduce the occurrence of minor incidents, increase engagement in the Safety Management System and improve plant culture.
- Build relationships and credibility. Stay abreast of current state of business, process and culture. Build networks with key Plant Leaders and Informal Influencers (at all levels of the organization).
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with department managers and supervisors to provide for and ensure that employees receive training and development in promoting a safe and healthy working environment.
- Develop and track quantitative measures of performance (leading and lagging) for areas of responsibility and effectively communicate the status of goals and objectives with senior leadership, area managers, supervisors, and shop floor associates. Develop programs and strategies to address gaps and themes identified
- Oversees effective execution and improvement of the Safety Training Program that includes in-person training, daily meetings, computer-based training, 3rd party training as well as development of course materials.
- Advise the company’s administrative team on Safety issues and compliance in specific actions and operations. Interaction on active project work and MOCs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Safety within a manufacturing environment
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 30-50%
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
To build a diverse workforce, Seaman Corporation encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women.
Seaman Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening required.